Monday, January 2, 2012

Should I even acknowledge...

the year?

Yes. I will.

I originally intended to write a pessimistic/bleak entry about my life, how inconsequential a new year is, but I decided against it. What's the point. Everything is really normal.

I really can't say much about anything. I mean, like everyone, shit changes. It's inevitable. Duh. Each minute is different from the last. However, I feel like this will be the transition year, for many reasons:

1. I will be 25 years old.

2. I will find out if I get accepted into F.I.T.,

3. and if I will be living in New York as a student, or an illegal alien (not really, but kind of) in the city seeking work in the fashion industry.

4. I will be making grand decisions about my life, career wise, if not other ones.

5. Seeking a new life, in general, outside of Vancouver.

These don't seem like resolutions. Because they aren't. These are things that WILL happen. I don't feel like making resolutions that won't come true. Resolutions seem kind of trivial when you have your whole life to make decisions, and I'm not ever going to promise myself shit if it's not available now. Fuck that. I already prepared myself for things I needed to do this year, so really, I'm ahead of the game.

Also, resolutions just seem cheesy, a dated obsession. Fuck it. Really. Why the hell do you need resolutions? It's like a diet. You. Need. To. Baby. Yourself.

Over it.

Maybe that's a bit harsh.

Lets just say that resolutions are not for all, least of all me.

So now. Here's a toast to a new chapter in my life wherever it takes me.

To all that were there in 2011, and to those who will be in 2012, thanks a million. I'm looking forward to the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment