Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Say thanks.

The holidays or any special occasions dedicated to spending time with your family always reminds me of the one I don't have. It's too easy to get depressed and feel dejected about what you don't have.

Yet, it's not right, in my mind at least, to waste time be negative. Carpe diem. There's just too much energy spent that way.

But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend a (fleeting) moment in that darkness. Today, I cried a little and mourned for that loss -- it is, after all, a mini death. A severed limb. To be without something integral to many people's lives. I am not that fortunate.

However, this isn't the sole reason for my post to wax lyrical about sadness. Contrarily, I want to emphasize how super fortunate I am for my life -- that's what I want to articulate. I am so incredibly lucky to have the people I have in my life, which I sometimes forget to realize. These people are my rock. And blood, kins blood, only runs so deep, at least in my eyes.

I just wanted to say thanks to the brilliant people in my life. My heart swells in appreciation for these people.

So, whether your family is related through blood or not, it doesn't matter because love manifest in so many other beautiful and different ways, and I can say staunchly that I experience the latter.

Thank you to my wonderful family.

I had such an amazing Thanksgiving.









No comments:

Post a Comment