Sunday, February 5, 2012

La lumière

 Image via Park&Cube

If you know me at all, it would be a great surprise to hear me say what I am about to say: I think I'm happy (or near to that state). Lately, I've been feeling incredibly positive and wholesome about my life, I feel like I'm in a really great position in my life, and my head, finally, feels like it's is level, coherent and on track. I never thought I would ever utter these words about my life, but I suppose, to sound cliche, I discovered the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm incredibly thankful for so much in my life, especially the friends I have right now; the beacon(s) in my life. I've had my ups and downs, yet, despite how incredibly bitter and sardonic my personality is, they have remained close to me, supported me, and stood by me through all my hardships. What did I do to deserve this?

I am trying hard to be patient with myself, those around me, and to him. I can't lose these people; they are the closest things I have to family. Whatever negativity I've harboured for whatever reason, I want to vanquish, dispel and move on from that old self. It's so detrimental for a healthy mind state, I'm realizing -- who wants to be around someone like that?








I'm making a few promises to myself to grow up, stop being that angst Wendy that I once was comfortable being, and just fucking stop. I need to not. I really really love the people in my life, and being a piece of shit person won't keep them around. Thank you for always being there for me. I am forever indebted to your kindness and patience to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment