Monday, February 13, 2012

Suck it.




Images care of Stylefsn

Men that dress well are nice and all, mostly to gawk at, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't mean shit. Most times, I find that men who make a concerted effort to dress "well" are douche bags, vain as shit. I mean the guys who really fucking try. I don't know their politics (or maybe I do), so what is really so special about them? He could be some misogynistic, piece of shit homophobic fucker who knows more about Margiela and the like than know what is happening in the Middle East. I'm totally being hyperbolic.

Obvs this is like a massive generalization, but what I'm trying to get at is this:

Dressing well is a superficial endeavor, trivial. What really counts to me is one's personality, sincerity and compassion. If you are kind as hell, you'll touch my heart in more ways than any sartorial endeavor, any deliberate hallow act. I'm becoming more and more jaded and cynical about the fashion industry. All I keep thinking about are my relationships, what they truly mean, and what actually count not some inconsequential collection that fades as quickly as the dye in shitty pair of jeans.

I learned about kindness back in October by some gracious dude. He was compassionate as hell and didn't give a damn about all stuff that now feels to me like costume. I'm definitely re-evaluating my emphasis on this thing called dress and the meaning we put behind it. 

I don't give a shit for your selvage denim, your heritage whatever, or your fucking handmade shoes. It just blankets your boring personality; your clothing doesn't define you, you let it. Game over.

Throwing on a fucking white t-shirt, some hanes, and blue jeans, coupled with a stellar personality, and you're sexy as fuck in my books. And if you can make me laugh, dddddddamn.

And if the inseam is right, 1 point for you.

That's all, folks.







No comments:

Post a Comment