Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Coveting












Images via venetiantumblr and pejper pininterest


Some of my friends are in far off places doing amazing things, seeing amazing things, and experiencing amazing things. They speak of worries or woes of being mugged, crossing borders, lost things (phones, watches etc), not having enough money, all of which are the trappings of being a (seemingly) nomadic traveler. Some of my friends are living in these places semi-permanently and enjoying random cities, big and small, and discovering the vast crevasses of the earth. And albeit these worries should not be trivialized or envied because it is legitimately distressing, I can't help but otherwise feel an immense yearning to embark on an adventure. For whatever woe there is, there is always something great to experience at the end. If you are alive and can live to tell a tale, that is the greatest feat in my eyes.

I long. I long to meet strangers and have different conversations. I long to see new things. I long to experience new things. I long to learn new things. I want to throw caution into the wind, and just go without a single worry and embrace the world. 

The idea of staying in one place feels like jail, suffocation, stagnation. I know that I've only just settled in this place for a few months now and I already feel restless. I am ready for something new -- nothing here feels new anymore... It's lost its lusture.

I want to feel small again.

No comments:

Post a Comment