Monday, January 7, 2013

Death

The past few weeks, and even days, have illustrated how short our life can be. Everyday we may be living our last day, breathing our last breath, kissing our last kiss, and saying our final goodbye -- all unbeknownst to us. We may succumb to death sooner than we'd like. It is so apparent in the television shows we watch and the way people die in them, and even in the social rituals that we have (wills, funerals and eulogies).

Death is inevitable part of our lives because eventually we WILL die. Naturally I am constantly and perpetually think of my ultimate demise. How will I die, will I get to say goodbye to my loved ones, what will I be leaving behind, will I accomplish all I want to achieve etc... Or, will I die slowly -- cancer, disease, torture -- or instantaneously -- car accident, gun shot, heart attack.

With new years just one week behind us, it would seem conventional to make resolution to BE [insert appropriate adjective/goal here to improve oneself]. In my case, I don't want to make drastic improvements. Really, I just want to learn how to stop, breathe, let go, and be free.

There's so much damn noise in between things; there are so many damn questions. I want to live my last minute like its my last. I want to love without pretension and let go of all animosity and hostility and anger and bitterness that I've been nurturing for so long.

I want to do things differently but I feel like it's way too easy to say this and that.

I just want to let go and be free.

Here's to hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment